In this side of the world, mango float is a popular dessert because it is easy and quick to make. No complications at all.
However, when you run out of mangoes, making a float recipe is no longer an option. But, do you know that you can substitute mangoes with fruit cocktail? I just did and I also tried using brojas or broas (ladyfinger biscuits) instead of graham crackers.
Brojas or broas (ladyfinger biscuit) is an egg-based and sweet sponge biscuits roughly shaped like a large finger. It’s like a dry sponge cake and yep, it is a biscuit and some parts of country used it for dessert recipes too.
Here’s our tasty fruit cocktail float recipe.
- 3-4 ripe mangoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 can Jolly Tropical Fruit Cocktail 850g, drained
- 1 can Jolly Cow Condensada 390g
- 2-3 packs 250 ml All Purpose cream
- 2-3 packs Brojas or Broas (Ladyfinger biscuits)
- Combine condensed milk and all-purpose cream. Mix well. You can adjust condensed milk depending on your sweetness.
- Arrange the brojas or broas (ladyfinger biscuits) on the bottom of the container.
- Pour in cream mixture on top of the arranged brojas or broas (ladyfinger biscuits).
- Arrange a portion of fruit cocktail over the cream.
- Arrange your mango slices over the fruit cocktail.
- Pour in cream mixture on top of fruits and mango slices.
- Repeat the layer from biscuits -> cream -> fruit cocktail -> mango slices -> cream
- Top with brojas or broas (ladyfinger biscuits).
- Freeze to harden the cream.
Serve chilled 🙂
Salamat Manang Donna sa recipe 🙂