My kids love pasta. It’s what we usually give them after a week of vegetable meals. They love the red sauced pasta – spaghetti, which is commonly served during special occasions. Other times, when I feel like I want them to eat a lot, spaghetti is the go to meal. No constant nagging at the table and they always finish it faster than vegetable meals. Literally, food does not stay in their mouth as it is chewed and swallowed in an instant 🙂
In some cases, I give them white sauced pasta – “carbonara”, using cream and milk. When Jolly Philippines give us Whole Mushrooms and Cream of Mushrooms, we decided to have chicken and mushroom carbonara a try. Everyone like it 🙂
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breats, cut into small pieces (or ground meat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of Jolly Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans of Jolly Cream of Mushroom
- evaporated milk (or water)
- pasta noodles (I used fettuccine noodles)
- cheese, grated
- basil leaves (I don’t have the fresh ones, so I used the dried ones)
- Boil water and cook noodles according to per pack instruction
- Heat frying pan, add olive oil and put in garlic until slightly brown
- Add the chicken strips, put in salt and pepper to taste
- When chicken is cooked, add in the sliced mushrooms.
- Add cream of mushrooms, adjust thickness by adding evap milk (or water)
- Plate the pasta and when thickness is to your liking, put in the sauce on top of the pasta.
- Add in cheese and basil leaves
Or you can toss in the pasta, cheese and basil leaves into the sauce.
Serve it immediately 🙂