My kids doesn’t like carrots.
Even when I tried to hide and mixed with other vegetables, they can easily spot the bright orange thingy.
But for reasons I don’t know, they love to savor my carrot cupcakes even they are well aware that the main ingredient is the shredded carrots.
Yep, I let them shred it, but can’t finished one whole carrot (we use manual shredder 🙂 )
I bake carrot cupcakes as a breakfast substitute for my picky eater. With busy mornings we have and a picky eater who does not want to eat rice on breakfast unless paired with hotdog or meatballs, these carrot cupcakes are a big help. He can finished four of these little cuppies 🙂
Here’s our recipe:
(adapted from Elisa L. and Jimmy L.)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 small pack raisins
- 1 small can pineapple crushed
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg (for best results sift them)
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and gradually add sugar
- Add vanilla and oil
- Add the flour mixture
- When all are well mixed, fold in carrots, pineapple, raisins and peanuts.
- Fill in the baking cups.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (15-20 mins)
2 thoughts on “All-Time Favorite Carrot Cupcake”
Ohh this is intereting. I havent tried adding pineapples and raisins on my carrot cake. Definitely, I will try this next time
Hi Jim, the kids love the pineapples and raisins 🙂